Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
One of Australia's Finest Waterfront Residences
- 7 Beds
- 9 Baths
- 5 Cars
NEW PRICE EXPECTATIONS - Bring offers.
As seen on "Unreal Estate" recently, this amazing home is now ready for its new owners.
With spectacular views, private marina, Mediterranean inspired architecture and unrivaled luxury features throughout, Mandalay House is a dream home on the beautiful Whitsunday Coast, located at the heart of the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia.
The owners worked with an open cheque book alongside their architect who specialises in Mediterranean style resort architecture. When you walk through the home it feels like you're looking through a picture frame, every detail has been considered with unobstructed vistas from every angle.
'Mandalay House' took 3.5 years to build, nothing was overlooked during the construction period, with high quality artisans and materials sourced from overseas and Australia. The owners have traveled extensively and drew direct inspiration from homes in Nice and Monte Carlo, they were passionate about ensuring the building materials honoured the Mediterranean style of homes, the patina of every surface and construction of the home was crafted to ensure the building gets better and better with age.
The architect and his interior designer partner traveled through Europe for inspiration prior to the build phase and they purchased exact furniture to suit the shape of every room.
The property is opulent, a sequence of increasingly rich interiors, reminiscent of the Baroque period with most of the antiquities originating from Italy and the United States.
The horizon swimming pool feels like it's part of the home, when you walk through the interior you get a constant glimpse of the pool from every room, it literally feels like it's inside the home, on the ocean side wet edge runs off continuously into the Coral Sea.
Features a climate controlled cellar with dining for 12, cinema, gymnasium, garage, staff quarters and utilities.
Enter the home via a magnificent hall with spiral staircase and feature windows looking out over the bay, this level features a gallery, living rooms, dining, kitchen, studio office and pool access
This level includes the 144m2 mater bedroom with private sitting area and 52m2 all-in dressing room. There are 4 guest bedrooms, all with ensuites. A generous shared balcony runs the length of the building to make the most of the magical ocean views.
- Completely private waterfront - no public access
- 4,241 sqm north-west facing block
- Backed by a National Park
- 2,649 sqm residence
- Amazing horizon pool
- 6 king-sized bedrooms, all with ensuites
- 9 bathrooms (including ensuites)
- 144 sqm master bedroom with lounge & separate 52 sqm walk-in dressing room
- Formal lounge & dining
- Kitchen with adjoining casual dining plus butler's pantry & walk-in cold room
- Oceanfront pavilion with dining for 14
- Self-contained office with secretarial space
- Climate controlled cellar with dining for 12
- Cinema, gymnasium & pool room
- Separate fully self-contained caretaker/staff cottage
- Multi-zone air conditioning throughout
- Monitored security with CC TV & 24hr recording
- 5 car garage
- Private 22.5m marina berth with all-weather rock wall plus 2 jet ski docks and boat shed
- Private helipad (10 minutes by helicopter to Hamilton Island jet airport)
- Uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea & nearby islands
- Golf, fine dining, shopping & 6-star resorts are just a short trip away
A RARE OPPORTUNITY
There is no public access to the water or beach front of this property. Now in Australia it is no longer possible to build a residence with a private ocean front wall marina.
This property is for sale via expressions of interest and is one of the most stunning mansions in Australia, its prime waterfront location and the sheer calibre of home makes it an opulent choice for the discerning buyer.
Joint Marketing Agent Carol Carter | 0414 760 305 | Gold Coast Sotheby's International Realty
5 garage spaces
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.